QA Technician – CA Sofia
This is an excellent opportunity to join the games industry as a QA Technician. The ideal candidate will have a good eye for detail and can apply a methodical approach to tasks and problem solving to find and accurately log defects.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in QA, preferably in a game development environment, who is familiar with the process and has both strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please note that a motivation letter is required for this position and applications without such will not be considered. We would love to hear about your gaming experience. Have you ever played Total War? What are the game genres that you prefer and why?
As a QA Technician, you will be responsible for finding, grading and reporting defects on all allocated projects. You will be recording test results and task progress on a daily basis, including task completion reports, in the requested format.
You will assist in the reproduction and further investigation of issues as they arise and regress defects that have been fixed. It is essential to the role that key defects are communicated. Feedback with testing requirements to key members of the QA department as well as the rest of the development team as and when necessary.
As a part of this role, you will develop in-depth knowledge of core features for titles in development and use in house tools to improve bug quality and accuracy. You will be working with the rest of QA and the development team, aiming towards releasing the highest overall quality product possible by the given project deadlines.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Proficient time management and organizational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities
- Ability to follow a set process and a methodical approach when investigating issues
- Wide-ranging experience playing a variety of PC video games including the Real-Time Strategy genre of games
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games.
- A good communicator in both Bulgarian and English. You will be working in a team-oriented environment and must be able to clearly communicate goals
- Previous QA Experience
- Avid Total War player
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.