Audio Programmer - CA Sofia
This an excellent opportunity to join our growing team at Creative Assembly Sofia as an Audio programmer.
You will be working as part of the Total War audio programming team which provides support across all our franchise projects. You will also collaborate and work alongside our dedicated team of sound designers and dialogue engineers. Supporting a varied number of games, tools and technologies, you will be an integral part of delivering the immersive audio experience our fans have come to expect from our games.
In the role of Audio Programmer, you will be working with the current Total War team. Using your excellent coding skills and expertise, you will be working and collaborating to improve our existing audio gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles.
On a day to day basis you will help out our audio team by Implementing new audio gameplay features using Audiokinetic Wwise; Extending our in-house toolset and troubleshooting issues as they arise; Creating and maintaining tools for the sound team to use; and Gameplay feature implementation and tools to help with the audio QA process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Professional Audiokinetic Wwise experience
- Excellent C++ skills
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to understand and work to deadlines in a development environment
- Passion and interest in making games
- Experience developing audio systems in games, research or other settings
- Familiarity with Total War games is a definite advantage
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.