Live Operations Director – Total War
The Total War team are looking for a Live Operations Director to join our leadership team at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex, take the franchise to the next level.
As Live Operations Director, you will be the change agent, establishing and deftly moving the teams towards live product release cycles, working with the other Directors to make the transition as smooth and effective as possible.
The ideal person for this new and exciting role will be confident supporting the delivery of the live operations strategy in all areas; from planning and launching as well as ongoing operations. The Live Operations Director will look to support the wider leadership team to ensure the development teams deliver and respond effectively when needed.
In this role as the Director of Live Operations, you will be overseeing the live function across Total War franchise.
On a day-today basis, you will:
- Work closely with the live operations and the development teams, driving, maintaining, coordinating the transition towards the mindset of servicing our customers and helping to build capabilities to succeed. This will include product launch, operating and supporting our various titles whilst executing the pre and post release roadmap, all in response with the business objectives of the changing live environment
- Be significantly involved with all our projects, coordinating, and communicating across multiple disciplines such as community, brand, marketing, production, analytics, business, other services, and 3rd parties
- Be responsible for building and leading the live operations teams with the mindset to understand, balance and prioritize the different and often competing aspects of our business
- Ensure our customers are satisfied, and we are setting and achieving our operational goals as effectively as possible.
- Solid experience in planning and operating online games, software OR experience of planning and successfully launching and operating AAA titles
- Experience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and ability to lead as well as connect people, build and maintain a team through cooperation and collaboration
- Very strong organisational, management and problem-solving skills and mentality
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to identify and pre-empt problems and issues others might have missed
- Experience in change management
- Experience of transitioning a studio from box product to GaaS
- Production background
- Avid gamer
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.