Game Analyst – New Sci-fi FPS IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Game Analyst to join our talented production team at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
In this exciting role, you will work alongside and assist the Director of Live Operations and Design Director to support the development of the game.
As the Game Analyst, you will work closely with the production team throughout the project’s lifecycle. By becoming very familiar with the game, you will check each version and detect problems early. Through developing a deep understanding of user behaviour through research, you will evaluate player feedback and prioritise responses and issues based on severity, and coordinate with QA, Design, Development and Community Management teams to determine appropriate research and response contributions.
You will be involved in making recommendations to the business to help predict the impact of changes, utilise analytic tools, identify opportunities, create and propose strategies, and drive business-focused improvements to the projects based on data.
Additionally, you will work closely with the other members of the Business Intelligence department to not only learn the current game ecosystems but also to help and assist with a wide range of potential reporting.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Undertake data exploration and analysis and draw business insights that add real value to the game teams
- Work with the game designers to define KPIs and processes to measure game performance and feedback in a meaningful way
- Provide the best insight possible so Production teams can consume data quickly, with the ability to drill down or request further information, where feasible
- Work with internal data and user experience teams to consume data which supports future decision making
- Analyse KPIs and provide insights that support the decision-making by the Live Producer, Live Operations Director and Production team
- Ensure regular communication of KPIs to the production teams, maintain an updated summary of current view
- A strong passion in gaming whether on console, PC or mobile
- Expert in SQL query writing for data extraction and analysis
- Strong Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, charting, statistical functions)
- Experience with statistical methods for data analysis
- Excellent knowledge of Data Visualization / Reporting tools
- Extensive experience in a similar analytical role
- Comfortable with numbers with instinctive approach to quantify any problem first
- Understanding of game markets
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Exposure to visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Any other programming experience such as C# or Python
- Understanding of how games function at a deep level; understand common terms and mechanics
- A solid quantitative background (mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc…) is strongly preferred
- Experience in statistics, modelling, or other useful techniques is a plus
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.