Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Technical Artist with a background in procedural generation who is ready for a new challenge and has experience working on multiple titles.
As Senior Technical Artist, you will be the driving force constantly pushing the quality of art in game. Joining the new formed core technology team you will work directly with technical art, graphics and tools to further the technology on which multiple titles are built.
On a day-to-day basis, you will work with your team providing technical support to artists across multiple projects while pushing pipeline and technology developments.
As Senior Technical Artist, you must be able to manage time effectively, be a versatile problem solver and have the expertise to inspire and mentor others to excellence. You will be expected to create, maintain and review workflows, tools and pipelines, leading by example.
You will look for opportunities to improve and optimise the art teams’ workflows and processes, as well as introduce new practises across multiple game teams. You will be expected to actively look for innovative and creative ways to improve workflows and quality of the art content.
You will liaise with programming teams and bridge communications between project teams, departments and between multiple game teams at CA.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Relevant programming or scripting experience in languages such as Python/C++/C#
- Strong understanding of 3D math (linear algebra, vector and matrix math)
- Experienced in Houdini throughout at least one AAA title development cycle.
- Procedural generation experience.
- Previously shipped AAA titles in an equivalent role.
- Experience with C++
- Production experience with 3DS Max
- Substance Designer / Painter experience.
- Have experienced as an artist in the games industry.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.