Lead Build Tools Engineer – New IP
We have an excellent opportunity for a developer to join the team as a Lead Build Tools Engineer working on our new FPS IP at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
In this exciting role, you will lead the Build Tech team, being the first point of contact for the Dev team and Dev ops for improvements to the build, CI and deployment systems. You will also collaborate with IT to ensure that the hardware for distributed build systems can match demand.
In this role, you will be vital to the development and release of major AAA titles. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the systems that package and deploy builds, run tests and other automated tasks.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Have overall responsibility for the tech designs, plans and schedule for your team.
- Be crucial in keeping the development team working without blockages, bug free and as efficiently as possible.
- Be forward-thinking, pro-active and autonomous in your problem-solving and communication.
- Need to be open, friendly, and approachable with the ability to collaborate and communicate with developers across the team from all disciplines.
- You will also lead and develop your direct reports with regular one to ones, training and day to day support. In this role, you will also be involved with recruitment and selection on the project where relevant.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent C++ skills
- Excellent in C# and the .NET ecosystem
- Experience in scripting languages, such as Python or Powershell
- Approachable, friendly, and confident in decision making who can communicate well with dev team at all levels
- Experience mentoring and developing staff in a fast-paced working environment
- Good working knowledge of version control software – e.g. Perforce or Git
- Experience at a Senior position in Tools or Build for a released AAA game.
- Administering CI systems such as Jenkins or Teamcity
- Experience using UE4
- Experience with Database systems such as SQL, Elastic Search or MongoDB
- Experience with post launch title support
- Console development experience
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.