Senior Automation Programmer - CA Sofia
The Creative Assembly Sofia team is looking for an experienced programmer for a large and diverse development team situated in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The Core Technology Team are currently driving the future of the tools and technology on which our games are made. As a team, we are transitioning to deliver our games, and core technology platform, with a software as a service approach. As such we need someone to drive forward our unit and automated testing approaches, helping to ensure stability for the games we are building.
This role will be instrumental in the implementation of test and automation activities across our total war team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be involved in developing frameworks, tests, and tools to automate and help accelerate all aspects of product development, pipelines, tooling, and service monitoring
- You will have the opportunity to define our testing practices and have the potential to take on leadership responsibilities in future
- Implement tests and guide others in the development of tests for the Total War franchise, as we enact our transition to a service-based development methodology
- Be proactive and have a strong focus on quality and risk throughout the delivery cycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required
- Have a good understanding of a variety of test approaches in a software as a service environment
- You will drive synergy between manual QA, automation, and technical test development.
- Strong technical skills with a high level of C++ and at least one high-level language (eg C#)
- Good understanding of tools automation testing
- Experience with source control (e.g., perforce)
- Experience in developing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Defining Test Data and Reports
- Familiarity with game development and the technology involved
- Strong communication skills. You will be liaising with the product owner(s), technical leads, developers, and design teams to ensure the testing of new features runs smoothly
- Experience working with cloud/virtualised environments (Aws, Azure), and/or containerisation of services
- Experience with the QT framework
- Experience in creating automated tests within a Continuous Integration environment e.g., Jenkins/Teamcity
- Desire to always improve and keep up to date with current technologies
- Experience in Agile work practices
- Avid gamer
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.