Senior Gameplay Animator
Creative Assembly is looking for an Experienced Gameplay Animator to work on our highly successful, multi award-winning Total War series.
The team is looking for a talented, creative animator, able to craft and implement believable Human and Creature animations for our fantasy titles.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to push your imagination and skills on a multi award winning series that has sold millions of copies worldwide.
As part of the animation team you will have ownership of your tasks, from Maya to their implementation in game. You will make sure that the standard of your work is of the highest quality, judging it by its function and appearance in game, not in a playblast. You will be able to creatively interpret and apply reference when no direct reference is available.
Communication, approachability and proactivity is vital in this role, as you will be expected to engage with other disciplines to achieve your vision and to mentor less experienced team members. An understanding of game pipelines and gameplay mechanics is important in this position.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience dealing with gameplay animations and knowledge of implementing animations in-game
- Understand animation pipelines from conceptual phase to deployment
- Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on proactivity
- Good hand-key animation skills for both human and creatures
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well within a small team
- Ability to receive and apply critique on your work and complete tasks by the assigned due dates
- Experience of development of a title from start to finish
- Interest in Total War\Strategy Games
- Motion Capture experience
- Motion Builder experience
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.