Director of Live Operations
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced live operations lead to join the CA team, looking after the operations for our most ambitious project to date. In this role, you will oversee the team, be responsible for planning, launching, supporting and operating the service of our new AAA title, as well as helping to ensure the game team delivers and responds effectively when needed.
In this role, you will lead the live operations team and work closely with the game team to ensure they have planned and are capable to launch, operate and support the title, executing the pre and post release roadmap and responding to business objectives of the changing live environment.
You will be involved with every aspects of the project through its entire life cycle, coordinating and communicating across multiple disciplines such as community, brand, marketing, production, analytics, business and other services.
You will be responsible for coordinating and running the live operations with the mindset to understand, balance and prioritise the different and often competing aspects of our business, owning the live operation issue list. As part of the leadership team of the title you will make sure that our players are satisfied, and we are setting and achieving our operational goals as effectively as possible.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Minimum three years of experience in planning and operating online games, software OR experience of planning and successfully launching and operating AAA titles
- Senior level experience and good understanding of production, ARM and all other important aspects of our business
- Experience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and ability to connect people, build and maintain a team through cooperation and collaboration
- Very strong organisational, management and problem-solving skills and mentality
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to identify and pre-empt problems and issues others might have missed
- Production background
- Interest in sci-fi
- Avid gamer
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.