Senior Animator – HYENAS (FPS)
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Animator to join our talented team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new First-Person Multiplayer shooter. This role will be based at one of our studios in Horsham, West Sussex.
The ideal candidate will possess outstanding artistic, technical, and creative ability, with a keen eye for quality. They can produce stunning work; as well as encourage, mentor, and inspire others to strive and achieve the same level of quality.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of 2-3 days a week, in our Horsham studio. We will consider remote working (within country of employment) for exceptional candidates. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
You will be responsible for creating and implementing high quality animations, whether key framed by hand and/or working with mocap.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Have a strong focus and passion to push the standard; communication, approachability and proactivity is vital for this role
- Create and implement animation assets
- Work with other disciplines and guide fellow animators to ensure that a high standard of work is delivered on time and to the expected quality
- Help to develop animation systems
- Mentor and help develop junior members of the team
- Strive to improve both your own and the team's skillsets.
- A passion for games and games animation
- Expert hand-key animation skills
- Experience with motion capture
- Self-motivated and proven ability to work well within a team
- Strong ability to communicate clear direction and feedback to help mentor and guide fellow teammates.
- Experience working on at least one shipped AAA game
- Experience working on titles developed in UE4/5 or other proprietary engines
- Proficiency in Maya and/or MotionBuilder
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.