Experienced UI Artist
Our award winning Total War developers are looking an experience UI Artist to join the team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and accomplished developer who will be able to work with our UI/UX and take it to the next level.
As an experienced UI Artist on the team, you will apply your extensive design knowledge and work with your wider team to bring about optimal UI designs. You will be interested in both aspects of the role and be a capable 2D artist to create skeuomorphic design elements. You will use your game knowledge in your work and have deep understanding of game interface conventions and mechanics and want to work on an evolving and challenging game series.
In each area you work on, you will be responsible for developing highly useable game experience and information design. Developing and implementing layouts and will also be key to this role. You will also create purely visual elements, skinning existing layouts and icon creation.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven UI experience on at least one shipped title, or a very strong UI portfolio
- Demonstrate good use of typography, iconography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics
- One released game using the Unity UI system
- Experience of working from wireframe designs through to final implementation
- Ability to design and implement UI for multiple platforms, especially mobile and PC
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- An eye for quality UI and be able to clearly communicate this
- Must be a creative and practical problem solver
- Knowledge of a 3D package such as 3DS Max, Maya or Substance
- Gamer who plays a variety of genres
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.