Senior Automation Programmer
We are looking for a talented C++ programmer to join our Total War Core Technology team at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
The Core Technology Team on Total War are currently driving the future of the tools and technology on which our games are made. As a team, we are transitioning to deliver our games, and core technology platform, with a software as a service approach. As such we need someone to drive forward our unit and automated testing approaches, helping to ensure stability for the multiple games we are building.
This role will be instrumental in the implementation of test and automation activities across our total war team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be involved in developing frameworks, tests, and tools to automate and help accelerate all aspects of product development, pipelines, tooling, and service monitoring
- Have the opportunity to define our testing practices and have the potential to take on leadership responsibilities in future
- Implement tests and guide others in the development of tests for the Total War franchise, as we enact our transition to a service-based development methodology
- Be proactive and have a strong focus on quality and risk throughout the delivery cycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required
- Have a good understanding of a variety of test approaches in a software as a service environment
- Drive synergy between manual QA, automation, and technical test development.
- Strong technical skills with a high level of C++ and at least one high-level language (eg C#)
- Good understanding of tools automation testing
- Experience in creating automated tests within a Continuous Integration environment e.g., Jenkins/Teamcity
- Experience with source control (e.g., perforce)
- Experience in developing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Defining Test Data and Reports
- Strong communication skills. You will be liaising with the product owner(s), technical leads, developers, and design teams to ensure the testing of new features runs smoothly
- Experience working with cloud/virtualised environments (Aws, Azure), and/or containerisation of services
- Familiarity with game development and the technology involved
- Experience with the QT framework
- Desire to always improve and keep up to date with current technologies
- Experience in Agile work practices
- Avid gamer
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.