Graphic Designer - Total War
We are looking for a highly talented Graphic Designer to work on the internationally acclaimed Total War series, at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a Graphic Designer, you will be embedded within the Brand Team at CA and collaborate closely and primarily with Brand Managers, Community Manager, and Content Producers, but also the wider development team. Working with SEGA’s creative services team, you’ll also collaborate on key art presentation and advertising design, providing support and fielding asset requests.
You will be responsible for creating high quality assets that will be used across a range of channels, including custom graphics and design motion graphics. You’ll have a solid portfolio showcasing both graphic design and motion graphics in your previous work across multiple marketing campaigns, within the games industry as a bonus.
In this exciting and varied role, you will work on a wide range of brand material from concept pieces to polished finals, as well as everything in between; including logos, brand identity, internal and external documents, social media assets, web design, apparel, exhibition designs, video graphics and more.
Working closely with the Lead Creative Designer and surrounding team, you will learn to work within project parameters and the set time constraints, all the while hitting the required quality benchmarks. You will already be accustomed at taking and implementing feedback as appropriate, to apply to varying fast-paced and multi-faceted projects.
- Work with external agencies; briefing, critiquing and setting deadlines and milestones.
- Develop standards and consistent creative executions with the brand and community teams.
- Consult with the Brand Managers on brand creative, and produce concept work for key art, special editions, ppt templates and a multitude of other branding elements.
- Maintain a freelancer and agency book, assigning upcoming work, driving benchmarking and efficiencies, evaluating new providers and working with the development team to identify new artist talent that can be shared cross-team.
- Work with our web team on design requirements and elements for our CRM mechanisms, game launcher, ad creative and templates for email shots.
- Improve your own skills through identifying training opportunities, software packages or experiences - and by turn train and offer guidance to other members of the brand team.
- Create video assets to support brand design files for use on social media and our website and mailers.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (for both on and offline)
- After Effects and Adobe Premiere
- Understanding of creative processes
- A portfolio with a variety of relevant graphic design and motion graphic work, including Banners, digital, web
- Strong typography skills
- Good use of colour and composition
- Working well within teams and to milestones and deadlines
- Up to date with design trends and culture
- Illustration skills a strong advantage
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and progress
- Willingness to learn new software, processes and production pipelines
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.