We are looking for a talented Game Designer with a passion for the RTS genre, skilled in crafting, gameplay systems, features and content to the highest standards for Total War: WARHAMMER.
This will mean creating new or refining/improving existing areas of the game, using your expertise to harness the rich lore of Warhammer Fantasy Battles into making engaging experiences for our players. You’ll have the opportunity to hone and extend your skills, whilst working on one of the genre’s most feature rich games, alongside industry veterans in a team that wins awards.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of 2 days per week in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
Working with the Lead Designers you will drive the process from initial designs and prototyping, through to the products release and post release support and patching.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for creating, maintaining and evolving the games wide range of systems, features and content.
- Maintain the live games status and balance via the use of analytics, data and community sentiment. Acting in a quick and responsive manner as the game evolves from player feedback.
- Maintain detailed designs and their associated documentation. Communicate regular updates across the team and support other designers in the creation and balancing of other game systems and content where your work impacts on them.
- Collaborate with all disciplines across the studio on a variety of game content, working closely with the design and art teams to define the look and feel of our games. Whilst also working in conjunction with our coders to improve our tools, pipelines and editors to execute the design vision of the game.
- Experience of developing features & contents from prototype to final
- Experience with balancing content in a shipped title
- Excellent written and communicative skills with attention to detail in designs
- Capable of using metrics and data to solve complex problems, with good Excel skills
- Ability to thrive in cross discipline teams, with a passion for making quality products
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative and friendly environment
- A gamer to the core.
- Experience of developing game environments from prototype to final
- A good understanding of level design in games
- Modding experience (TW preferably)
- Have worked on strategy title(s) – RTS or 4X
- Experience of using metrics to improve design
- Experience scripting in LUA and/or C#
- Knowledge of the Warhammer franchise.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.