Total War Franchise and Licensing Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to join our talented Total War brand team based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
The growing catalogue of Total War titles is a major contributor to CA’s ongoing success, with significant bottom line contribution to the business in the years after a new release.
We will be looking to you to make the most of our various licensing, partnership, and promotional opportunities. Taking the acclaimed AAA franchise to new customers and new opportunities, building on existing relationships and making new mutually beneficial alliances.
You will use your vision, creativity and data-based approach to build business cases and pitch to both external partners and internal stakeholders at CA and the SEGA group. You will collaborate with internal teams to deliver projects to their full potential, as well as work with Development teams to define and secure game content for the on-going promotional calendar.
In this key role, within the Total War Brand Team, you will hold responsibility for managing that portfolio of titles to maintain and grow the franchise’s contribution to the business.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Have Brand ownership for the portfolio of back catalogue Total War games and related content
- Build a promotion roadmap with business case justification, that makes full use of Total War channels, and aligns with brand strategy & values
- Be the expert in 3rd party platform and partner channels, their tools and tech, working closely with colleagues at SEGA and with publishing partners, to maximise the impact of promotions
- Target potential partners for marketing, affiliate, and promotional campaigns with the goal of reaching new users and identifying revenue opportunities
- Identify licensing potential & outreach opportunities, create proposals, and collaborate with SEGA licensing teams
- Build a cross-sell strategy, ensuring opportunities are considered early in game development and implemented
- Develop detailed plans for these franchise opportunities, and guide delivery with interaction across multiple internal teams
- Measure performance of activity, including defining goals, implementing relevant tracking, and delivering reports – working with the CA and SEGA BI teams
- Work closely with the Total War Universe team, helping to contribute to the value of Total War Access membership
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in data-driven decision-making and strategy development
- Experienced in working with data analysis tools
- Proven inspiration-to-completion project management and creative problem solving
- Forward-looking approach to identifying opportunities
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team
- Significant marketing and / or sales experience in an entertainment or B2C industry
- Experience of working in licensing and with licensors & IP holders
- CRM experience including automation
- Games industry knowledge
- Total War franchise knowledge
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.