Game Analyst – HYENAS (FPS)
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Game Analyst to join our talented team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new first-person shooter. This role will be based at one of our studios in Horsham, West Sussex.
As the Game Analyst, you will work closely with the production team throughout the project’s lifecycle. By becoming very familiar with the game, you’ll check each version and detect problems early. Through developing a deep understanding of user behaviour through research, you will evaluate player feedback and prioritise responses and issues based on severity, then coordinate with QA, Design, Development and Community Management teams to determine appropriate research and response contributions.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of at least 1 day per week in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
In this role you will be involved in making recommendations to the business to help predict the impact of changes. Utilising analytic tools you’ll identify opportunities, create and propose strategies, and drive business-focused improvements to the project based on data.
Working closely with the other members of the Business Intelligence department, you will not only learn the current game ecosystems but also .help and assist with a wide range of potential reporting.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Undertake data exploration and analysis and draw business insights that add real value to the game teams
- Work with the game designers to understand design intent and provide them with an understanding of the live player experience
- Provide the best insight possible so Production teams can consume data quickly, with the ability to drill down or request further information, where required
- Work with internal data and user experience teams to consume data which supports future decision making
- Analyse KPIs and provide insights that support the decision-making by the Development team
- Ensure regular communication of KPIs to the Production teams, maintain an updated summary of current view.
- A strong passion in gaming whether on console, PC or mobile
- Expert in SQL query writing for data extraction and analysis
- Strong Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, charting, statistical functions)
- Experience with statistical methods for data analysis
- Excellent knowledge of data visualisation / reporting tools
- Extensive experience in a similar analytical role
- Comfortable with numbers with instinctive approach to quantify any problem first
- Understanding of game markets
- Good communication skills - with the ability to engage with a multitude of stakeholders within the team
- Exposure to visualisation and reporting tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Any other programming experience such as C# or Python
- Understanding of how games function at a deep level; understand common terms and mechanics
- A solid quantitative background (mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc…) is strongly preferred
- Experience in statistics, modelling, or other useful techniques is a plus.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.