Head of Brand – New Sci-Fi FPS IP
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior marketing professional to make a significant, and tangible, impact on the future of our major new franchise. This role will be based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex
Working closely with both the CA development teams, and SEGA publishing teams, whilst overseeing, leading, and growing a talented team responsible for our outbound marketing activities and global brand strategy.
For this role, you will be a creative and quantitative thinker, with a proven track record of success in a similar position and the confidence necessary to define and shape the brand marketing and positioning strategy for a development project that will form a new 10 year plus franchise pillar for the studio.
As Head of Brand, you will be key in owning the strategic marketing plan and budget for the most significant new title CA has ever released, working closely with the development team to help define the brand strategy and its go to market plan. From a marketing perspective this will also include setting plans, communicating objectives and strategies, creating assets, implementation of post-execution analysis, whilst working in partnership with the SEGA publishing teams on global marketing implementation.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Spearhead our new franchise title as part of the senior leadership team on the project. Involved throughout its release and extended lifecycle, and as such will have considerable marketing input in on-going game design functionality. The role holder will be perceptive, efficient, tactful, and mindful of the value of award-winning brand-building and the advantages of being embedded with a development team
- Execute brand campaigns in line with the strategic vision as set out by the New IP Marketing Director, the Chief Product Officer, and Senior Management Group. You will be aware of and seek full visibility of global and local campaign timings and ensure that asset requirements are scheduled in good time so that art and development resource are adequately available
- Develop close working relationships within the Brand Team, the Studio, and teams within the larger SEGA corporate structure. So, having excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management is crucial. Compiling and analysing regular reporting on the sales and promotional performance of your title, offering informed criticism and recommendations for future product strategy to the Studio, Business Analyst and ESD teams
- Play a pivotal role in contributing to and managing licensor relationships, whilst identifying potential key third party partnerships, ensuring directly profitable or co-promotional relationships are upheld and effective
- Be both knowledgeable and passionate with great planning and interpersonal skills. Being adaptable and having a clear drive to meet deadlines, targets, and budgets
- Impart knowledge gleaned across previous roles; acting as the senior point of contact for all aspects of brand marketing within your portfolio of titles and setting the bar in terms of expertise and behaviours for the wider marketing team to aspire to.
- Previous experience of triple-A brand/product ownership and product launches
- Experience with persistent or Games-as-a-service titles
- Previous experience building or managing specialist or cross-functional marketing teams
- Demonstrable experience of current online marketing standards and practices
- A motivated self-starter with experience of authoring creative marketing plans
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Superb relationship building and communication skills
- Exceptional writing and reporting skills
- First-rate verbal and presentation skills, to all sizes of audience
- Previous experience and current understanding of the digital games retail space would be an advantage
- Previous experience of planning and buying media either independently or via agencies
- Willingness to travel when necessary, including spending ad-hoc days at SEGA’s Brentford HQ
- Experience in or involvement with online customer relationship management, account management and interconnected online system branding and delivery is an advantage
- A thorough appreciation of strategy games and previous Creative Assembly games is desirable
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.