Senior Full Stack Developer
This is a truly unique opportunity for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join Creative Assembly as part of a hugely talented and world-class development team in an innovative, professional, and dynamic games environment. This role will be based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer on the project, you will be working in a close-knit and flexible team, developing software through design and implementation to system testing, integration, and deployment. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will be part of the Live Services team, you will play a key role in central aspects of online games service. This will include web sites, game launchers, game tools, analytics, and monitoring.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work with the wider Creative Assembly team, particularly with the brand, game, and web teams
- Bringing your experience as a senior developer; you will offer guidance on implementation solutions for design-led requirements including UX to the relevant members of the team
- Be an excellent communicator and be comfortable and confident working with developers across the studio to understand their requirements. Fluency in spoken and written English is a must for this role
- Expertise with code versioning tools and good engineering processes for example Continuous Delivery
- High level of proficiency of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience building content management systems
- Proficient in building modern front-end interfaces with good UX practices
- Server-side development experience (JSON/RESTful API)
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- High level of interest in learning new technologies for software development
- UX / UI design experience
- Experience of working with systems at scale
- Understanding and working knowledge of front-end desktop and mobile frameworks (Electron, ionic etc)
- Familiarity with working with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.