Build Support Engineer – HYENAS (FPS)
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Build Support Engineer to join our talented team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new shooter. This role will be based at one of our studios in Horsham, West Sussex.
In this exciting role, you will work alongside the Build and Tools teams, supporting the development and delivery of the game, as well as enabling the development team to work without blockages and as efficiently as possible. You will identify risks in our build delivery pipeline and work with Build, Production and QA teams to deliver resolutions in a fast-paced agile environment.
This role would suit an experienced and technically minded QA Engineer looking to move into a Build support role.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of an average of one day per week in our Horsham studio. This role can also be fulfilled fully in studio. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As Build Support Engineer you will be working directly with the Build team to ensure the smooth operation of our CI pipeline, as well as delivery of a consistent cadence of builds and releases. You will check the output and logs of our build processes, as well as the output and results from our automated tests to ensure the smooth operation of our CI pipeline. You will also be helping to manage our ever-growing CI infrastructure.
As a Build Support Engineer on the project, you need to be open, friendly, and approachable and be a nexus of information on the project.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot issues with builds, from continuous delivery to overnight builds, escalating these to the relevant teams and proactively driving them to a resolution
- Identify and even try to solve systematic CI hardware failures
- Be a key point of contact for assistance in various software and build related issues, build delivery timetables, and build requests
- Work with QA team on raising and triaging new issues, ensuring existing issues are being progressed, and working with relevant embedded QA teams to escalate where needed
- Aim to detect issues at the earliest point in the cycle and then work towards preventing potential issues from reappearing in the production environment
- Liaise with multiple teams, such as Tools, Automation, QA, and Release Management, to formulate plans to help with the fast and effective delivery of builds to the wider team
- Find and help prevent defects and use those lessons to highlight problems in the processes and recommend changes wherever necessary
- Raise clear and concise bug reports for issues found, as well as managing them though their lifecycle
- Collaborate with the engineering teams and QA to develop effective test strategies
- Assist with automerges, execute manual integrations and Changelist backouts.
- Some practical work experience within QA or DevOps
- Knowledge of version control software – e.g., Perforce or Git
- Technically minded
- Forward thinker and problem-solver with the drive to seek out and acquire information
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A solid technical foundation - e.g. Computer Science / Maths degree or equivalent
- Experience using UE4
- Familiarity with CI systems such as Teamcity, Jenkins, Hudson
- Familiarity with commercial game engines (Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, etc)
- An understanding of coding in at least one language i.e. C, C++, C#, Python
- Experience managing large volumes of requests and work priorities
- Experience with data reporting toolsets – e.g., PowerBi or Kibana
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.