Social Services Designee
Assists staff, residents, and resident's family to understand and cope with a resident's personal, emotional and related health and environmental issues within the Skilled Nursing facility, ensuring that the needs of residents are met and maintained. She or he is the voice of the resident when the resident has lost the capacity to speak for him or herself.
- The Social Services Designee evaluates a care plan for effectiveness, and ensures quality care and resident rights are respected at all times.
- Develops a Social Services plan, including goals and treatments for each resident who needs such services, with input from the resident, the family, the resident's care physician, and the interdisciplinary team
- Serves as an advocate for the resident and is notified and follows up with any issues related to the psycho-social well-being and mood state of each resident
- Completes sections E and F of the MDS promptly and completes the RAPS by the due date
- The Social Services Designee interviews and provides a written assessment of each resident within seven days of admission.
- Documents written progress reports in the Social Services section of the resident's health record on quarterlies, changes of condition, or "as needed" progress reports
- Assists in arranging transportation, adaptive equipment, and clothing necessities
- Complies with all HIPAA standards of practice and acts as a mandatory reporter for all suspected abuse situations
- The Social Services Designee performs other duties, as deemed necessary and appropriate, as directed by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, speak well and be understood in the English language
- Attention to detail, follow through and good interpersonal/problem solving ability
- Good understanding of long term care, MDS, Medicare, Title 22, OBRA regulation
Education and Qualifications
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Computer literacy
- One year experience working as a Social Services Coordinator in a long term care facility
- Social Services Designee certification
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.