Maintenance Technician II
The Maintenance Technician II ensures the effective overall maintenance, operation and safety of the facility.
- The Maintenance Technician II assists in performing preventative maintenance and repairs on mechanical, plumbing and electrical facilities and equipment, and assists in performing minor electrical repairs to light ballasts, light switches, base plugs, fluorescent lamp lights, exit lights, shorts in wiring, and light bulbs.
- Uses hand and power tools such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers, wrenches, saber saws, and hand drills
- Assists in testing electrical equipment, performing fire alarm and fire sprinkler tests, and implementing appropriate repairs
- Repairs, moves, assembles, installs, and sets up heavy equipment and furniture, picture frames, tables, chairs, etc.
- Replaces faucet washers, drinking fountain bubblers, etc. as needed
- Responsible for pulling internet cable lines for internal cable hook up to residential apartments and telephone/fax lines as required
- The Maintenance Technician II assists in conducting routine checks as scheduled, maintains the organization of all inventory in the Maintenance Department, and maintains log books as required.
- Assists in performing minor carpentry work, and minor glazier operations such as cutting and installing glass
- Assists in moving residents as needed
- Performs pool, spa, ad fountain maintenance tasks, and assists with janitorial work as necessary
- The Maintenance Technician II performs any other tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the safe use of hand and power tools of the trade
- Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, and operating and maintenance instructions
- Must be able to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Trade or vocational school training preferred
- Three or more years experience in maintenance or construction, preferably performing duties in electrical, plumbing, and mechanical duties
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.