Director of Facilities Services
The Director of Facilities Services ensures effective building maintenance, plant operation, project management, housekeeping/laundry services, and safety of the facility. Interacts extensively with the Executive Director on preventive maintenance, quality assurance, and budgetary matters.
- The Director of Facilities Services is responsible for effective and productive leadership of the building maintenance and painting staff with direct oversight of hiring, scheduling, and coaching this staff.
- Coordinates, processes, and oversees preventive maintenance needs and attends to repairs and building improvement
- Responsible for the establishment of inventory of parts and supplies
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of the HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and generator systems, as well as the waste management and recycling programs
- The Director of Facilities Services is responsible for maintaining all equipment and services in the Skilled Nursing Facility at peak performance levels and maintaining appropriate records for regulatory compliance under Title 22.
- Responsible for proper upkeep of all public areas and offices, and for the internet hookup and maintenance of the phone system
- Responsible for the oversight of Landscaping Department and fosters the aesthetics and maintains clean and safe grounds of the community, as well as being responsible for approved renovation projects
- Monitors and manages utilities usage and budget performance, and reduces expenses where feasible
- The Director of Facilities recommends upgrade or replacement schedule, oversees management of construction projects, and manages contracts with outside vendors.
- Trains employees, attends meetings as necessary, and maintains control of keys for buildings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess excellent organization and decision-making skills
- Must be highly skilled in the development of policies and procedures
- Computer literacy required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to staff, residents, and to outside vendors and contractors
Education and Qualifications
- College Degree in Engineering or Facilities Management preferred
- Vocational Course work or licensing with at least seven years experience in Facilities Management including a minimum of five years professional experience in supervision
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.