Want to feel good about what you do and where you work every day? Join our amazing team at Canterbury Woods, a senior living community in Pacific Grove, CA. We are looking for an independent professional IT Administrator to help staff and residents with their technical needs. We are a non-profit organization for 50+ years and are proud of our long term staff that have made their career serving our seniors. We hope you will, too!
This is a desktop and technology support position on premise at Canterbury Woods in Pacific Grove, CA. We are predominantly a Microsoft shop, making extensive use of a variety of Windows platforms (Windows 10). Covia continues to improve our technical tools, resources, and stay on top of best practices. This position also remotely supports a small staff in southern California. Limited travel to other sites in the bay area.
Enjoy your job with a work/life balance! Our IT on-site work schedule is Monday – Friday either 9am – 6pm or 10am to 7pm.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance + many more!
- 403(b) retirement plan + company contribution
- PTO and paid company holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Check out Covia's benefits! Click here.
- Serve on premise as tier 1 technical support for software and hardware
- Provide technical support to residents per agreed upon schedule
- Provide technical support of the resident business office equipment
- Escalate issues to the appropriate tier two support entity within or outside the organization as necessary
- Deploy hardware and software in coordination with IT and community resources
- Monitor, research, and resolve support tickets in a timely manner
- Maintain comprehensive documentation practices in help desk ticketing software
- Assist in administration of and become familiar with community-based technologies (including phone, POS and resident safety and security systems)
- Assist in the implementation of community-based IT projects
- Maintain community IT asset documentation
- Adhere to and reinforce help desk policies and procedures on day-to-day basis
- Communicate frequently with and take direction from the executive director at the community
- Participate in meetings and other community-based activities as requested by the executive director at the community
- Maintain a strong and healthy working relationship with community staff and residents
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General IT network and data systems knowledge
- Knowledge of iOS and Android devices
- Strong communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with analytical and troubleshooting skills
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering preferred
- 2+ years of desktop support experience, Windows 7, Windows 10, Active Directory, and wireless connectivity
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.