Certified Nursing Assistant - NOC Shift
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct care to residents of the skilled nursing facility in accordance with standards of practice and regulatory requirements of the Department of Health Services.
- The Certified Nursing Assistant ensures quality nursing and wellness care to the residents in Skilled Nursing.
- Assists in preparation of nursing unit, resident rooms, and beds
- Assists in and may accompany resident in the admission, transfer and discharge procedure
- The Certified Nursing Assistant assists residents in the activities of daily living, including oral hygiene, nail care, transfers, and mobility.
- Provides wheelchair transportation and assists in ambulation residents as needed
- Encourages residents to participate in activities
- The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for maintaining order and safety in resident living areas.
- Assures maximum functioning of resident through range of motion activities, toileting schedule, and the feeding and turning schedule
- The Certified Nursing Assistant observes residents for any physical and behavioral changes and reports them to the charge nurse, and is a mandatory reporter for all suspected abuse situations.
- Participates in all staff meetings, and other meetings as necessary
- Records all pertinent information pertaining to the daily care of residents, including weights, activities of daily living, intake and output, and reports this information to charge nurse
- The Certified Nursing Assistant observes and reports any needed repairs or service for building or equipment to charge nurse.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, speak well and be understood clearly in the English language
- Bilingual ability preferred
Education and Qualifications
- Current California CNA certification
- At least six months experience as a CNA in acute or long term care setting of written reference from CNA program instructor
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.