After-Hours Live-In Response Staff
After-Hours Live-In Response Staff are responsible for the safety and security of Jennings Court in Santa Rosa, CA. The After-Hours Live-In Response Staff will respond to emergency situations in an appropriate and timely manner to help provide efficient operations consistent with established standards and practices. Jennings Court is a 55 unit independent living senior housing.
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, 5:00pm to 8:00am; and weekends starting Fri 5:00pm through Mon 8:00am (full weekend coverage)
On-call for entire weekend and holidays. Must be able to work all holidays.
Two bedroom/one bathroom unfurnished apartment on the second floor with lodging credit. Stove and refrigerator included. Laundry room in building. Utilities included. Pets must adhere to pet policy.
Apartment is provided with an apartment credit applied towards minimum wage. Hourly rate of $15.00 will be calculated on weekly timecards and used toward the value of the rental credit. Any balance of compensation will be paid on a bi-weekly basis.
- Respond to resident routine and emergency calls/situations and general assistance to elderly residents, and seek appropriate help as necessary
- May have to call 911 as needed
- Respond to building emergencies and seek appropriate help
- Contacts maintenance and/or emergency vendors for repairs after-hours.
- Respond to maintenance issues and seek appropriate help
- Complete reports and forms and submit in a timely manner
- Contact repair companies, as needed and approved by the Housing Administrator
- Determine appropriateness of emergency call and address per policy and good judgment
- Perform minor maintenance duties (Change smoke detector battery, plunge toilet, etc.)
- Perform minor housekeeping duties such as picking up litter from around community, emptying trash cans, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Secure community and common rooms/areas after regular business hours, on the weekend and/or on holidays
- Monitor the exterior doors of the community and parking lot daily, on the weekends and/or holidays as needed
- Be familiar with the Resident Handbook and House Rules
- Be familiar with emergency shut off valves
- Be familiar with emergency supplies and fire extinguishers
- Be familiar with entire community and office, maintenance, and electric rooms
- Attend meetings as scheduled and requested
- Maintain resident, staff, and office confidentiality
- Other duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Team coverage for after-hours shifts seven days a week
- Comfortable working at night and in emergency situations
- Home and/or building maintenance experience
- Communicate effectively with staff and residents (English, Mandarin, Cantonese is a plus)
- Pay close attention to detail
Education and Qualifications
- High School Graduate
- Prior on-site living emergency response experience
- Pass Live Scan background check (FBI & DOJ)
- Pass work-readiness physical and TB test
- Working and living with senior residents is a plus
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.