The Cook III is responsible for the Preparation of hot food items and some desserts for patients of Skilled Nursing and Assisted Livings. Responsible for all hot food items for the main dining room, room service and catered events. Responsible for helping to orchestrate tray line during meal periods to include, starting tray line on time, plating hot food for residentsÕ trays, ensuring proper temperature and quality of the food, and completing tray line on time. Maintain a clean work station.
- The Cook III prepares and portions all hot food and some dessert items for daily select menus with include special diets, and assists with the preparation of cold foods when necessary.
- Responsible for preparation, plating and presentation of hot food to order for the Main Dining Room, catered events, and employee meals
- Responsible for assuring food quality, proper temperatures, and special diets before the food leaves the kitchen
- Responsible for maintaining a daily production form that includes all food items produced during each meal period, all catered food served, and all leftover food
- Responsible for recording temperatures of food items before each meal period and documentating temperatures of refrigerated walk-ins and freezers
- The Cook III is responsible for proper rotation of food items, as well as the proper labeling and covering of food items in accordance with state and departmental standards.
- Responsible for the proper thawing and cooling procedures of all food products
- The Cook III is responsible for preparing any necessary food items for the next day's menu.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitary kitchen including all refrigerated and dry storage areas
- The Cook III must assist the next shift's cook with any necessary prep work, as well as assist with checking in and putting away any incoming food supply orders promptly and in accordance with state and departmental guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation procedures
- Good communication skills, both written and verbally in English
- Must be organized, flexible, and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of the safe use of knives, all commercial kitchen equipment, commercial dish machine, cleaning/sanitizing equipment, and rolling carts
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have two years previous experience as a prep cook in upscale restaurants, private clubs, and/or hotels
- Dietary experience
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.