Assistant Housing Administrator - Affordable Housing
The Assistant Housing Administrator is responsible for assisting the Housing Administrator in ensuring the efficient and safe management of the community. Acts on behalf of Housing Administrator as needed. It is required that this position be in full compliance with HIPAA.
- Performs general office
- Assists with accounts receivable and payable
- Maintains updated waiting list
- Assists Housing Administrator with all certifications to be in full HUD compliance
- Performs regular file review to ensure program compliance and assists in MOR preparation
- Inputs work orders in maintenance program and follows-up as needed
- Attends training, seminars and workshops
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists with REAC preparation as assigned
- Takes initiative to problem-solve resident and community issues
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to use occupancy, financial and maintenance software programs being utilized by affordable housing communities including EIV.
- Affordable Housing experience required and Yardi Voyager experience preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred OR High School Diploma; OR equivalent combination of education, training and related professional experience
- 1-3 years experience in related position within Affordable Housing
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.