MDS Coordinator (RN)
Organize the completion of the comprehensive assessments, CAAÕs, resident care plans, care plan meetings, and provide necessary nursing assistance with problem solving to the charge nurse.
- The MDS Coordinator (RN) ensures quality nursing care to all residents.
- Conducts nursing assessment, and coordinates the IDT for completing the comprehensive assessment of a residentÕs needs upon admission, promptly after a significant change in the residentÕs physical or mental condition, and reviewed every quarter for continued accuracy
- Assures that each resident receives an accurate assessment by participation of qualified staff. Certifies that assessment is accurate and submits to DON for signature
- Ensures that the responsible members of the IDT have developed a comprehensive care plan for each resident that includes identified problems and goals; measurable objectives and timetables to meet a residentÕs medical, nursing, mental, and psychosocial needs that are identified in the MDS comprehensive assessment
- The MDS Coordinator (RN) coordinates and facilitates Care Plan Meetings by scheduling meetings with staff, residents and residentÕs responsible parties.
- Serves on appropriate committees including Quality Improvement, Huddle meetings and the groups assigned by the Director of Nursing
- Acts as a mandatory reporter for all suspected abuse situations and complies with all HIPAA standards of practice
- Communicates regularly with the Director of Nursing regarding problems with resident care, staffing problems and facility environmental/maintenance concerns
- The MDS Coordinator (RN) performs follow up investigations to all work injuries as indicated by the Director of Nursing, and performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, speak well and be understood in the English language
- Must have attention to detail, follow through and good interpersonal/problem solving ability
- Computer literacy
- Good understanding of long term care, MDS, Medicare, Title 22, OBRA regulation
- Bilingual ability preferred, but not required
Education and Qualifications
- Current California RN
- Current BLS or CPR certification
- Nursing degree from accredited college
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.