The Cook I is responsible for the preparation of all hot food items for patients on Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living floor in accordance with daily select menu and spreadsheets as required by state and departmental guidelines. The Cook I is also responsible for all hot food items for the Main Dining Room, room service and catered events. Responsible for helping to orchestrate trayline during meal periods to include, starting trayline on time, plating hot food for residentsÕ trays, ensuring proper temperature and quality of the food, and completing trayline on time in accordance with state and departmental standards. Responsible for maintaining a clean, orderly, and sanitary work station in accordance with departmental standards.
- The Cook I prepares and portions all hot food for daily select menus which include special diets such as, puree, dysphagia mechanical, dysphagia advanced, low sodium, calorie control, and diabetic diets as required by state and departmental guidelines.
- Prepares food items such as stocks, soups, sauces, meats/fish, vegetables, and starches. Also assists in the preparation of cold foods when necessary
- The Cook I is responsible for assuring food quality and portion sizes are correct, and reports lack of product or poor quality to a supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining a daily production form that includes all food items produced during each meal period, all catered food served, and all leftover food, in accordance with departmental procedures
- The Cook I must maintain a clean, organized, and sanitary kitchen, which includes all refrigerated and dry storage areas.
- The Cook I assists with prep work for the next shift's cook
- Assists with checking in and putting away any incoming food supply orders promptly and in accordance with state and departmental guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation procedures
- Dietary experience desired, but not required
- Good communication skills, both written and verbally
- Must be organized, flexible, and work well under pressure
- Must have knowledge of the safe use of knives, all commercial kitchen equipment, commercial dish machine, cleaning/sanitizing equipment, rolling carts, telephone, and elevators
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum two years experience as a professional cook, in upscale restaurants, private clubs, and/or hotels a must
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.