Maintenance Technician I
The Maintenance Technician I ensures the effective overall maintenance, operation and safety of the facility.
- The Maintenance Technician I uses basic hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers, wrenches, saber saws, hand drills, and basic electrical inspection and electrical test equipment and tools.
- Assists in performing minor electrical repairs to systems including, but not limited to, ballasts, switches, plugs and connectors, lamps, and receptacles
- Performs painting on interior and exterior walls, doors, ceilings, beams, carport areas, fences, etc. as well as refinishing furniture
- Repairs, moves, assembles, installs, and sets up heavy equipment and furniture, picture frames, tables, chairs, etc.
- Assists in performing general plumbing repairs including, but not limited to, sinks and basins, water closets and urinals, faucets and valves of various types, pumps, hot water heaters, and garbage disposals
- Assists in conducting routine checks as scheduled, and reports any problems to Maintenance Supervisor of Director of Facility Services
- The Maintenance Technician I assists in performing minor carpentry work, and assists in the maintenance and repair of all facility equipment which includes all laundry, food service, and nursing equipment.
- Assists in moving residents as needed
- Performs pool, spa, and fountain maintenance tasks such as cleaning, replacing pool filters, and monitoring and ensuring correct chemical levels and water temperature
- Assists with janitorial work as necessary, and does any other tasks as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Ability to learn and retain basic skills of the trade
- Ability to learn to read diagrams, and operating and maintenance instructions
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Trade or vocational school training preferred
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.