Maintenance Technician III
The Maintenance Technician III works on projects and facility maintenance, usually working in a utility capacity. Transfer from one task to another where demands require varied experience and the ability to work without close supervision.
- The Maintenance Technician III keeps equipment operational and systems and buildings ready for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules.
- Follows policies and procedures, completes repairs and installs replacement parts, and reports all necessary repairs
- Maintains building climate by trouble-shooting heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment
- The Maintenance Technician III maintains lighting by installing light bulbs and ballasts and by repairing electrical wiring and fixtures.
- Maintains system for conveying liquids and liquid waste by installing and repairing plumbing apparatuses
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the safe use of hand and power tools of the trade
- Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, and operation and maintenance instructions
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Trade or vocational school training preferred
- Three or more years experience in maintenance or construction, preferably performing duties in electrical, plumbing, and mechanical trades
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.