Licensed Vocational Nurse-Resident Health Services
Functions independently in performing the nursing process through ongoing assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of safe therapeutic care for patientÕs overt and covert needs and/or complications of treatment during his or her assigned shift. Provides direction to ancillary members of the health care team.
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse- Resident Health Services demonstrates proficiency in performing all nursing skills, knowledge of procedures and protocols, safe and efficient use of specialized equipment, and accurate administration of medications.
- Completes assignments in a timely fashion including maintenance of equipment and supplies necessary for provision of patient care, Medication stock, and Medical Surgical supplies
- Coordinates patient care activities with other nursing staff and physicians
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse- Resident Health Services identifies any changes in patient status and reports to the appropriate health care professional.
- Handles all resident contacts in a courteous, professional manner and receives, places, and transfers calls using appropriate telephone etiquette
- Assists in orientation of new staff by sharing knowledge, experiences and acting as a preceptor or mentor
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse- Resident Health Services completes notification forms according to protocol and notifies appropriate personnel, and performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to deal with patients from ages 55 to 120
- Ability to work well with others and perform a variety of assigned duties
Education and Qualifications
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of California
- One year of experience in either acute care or long term care preferred
- Current CPR certification
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.