Wellness Nurse RN or LVN
Provides nursing assessment, service coordination, and case management to Independent Living and Assisted Living Residents to promote wellness and maintain independence.
- The Wellness-RN ensures quality nursing and wellness care to all residents of Independent/Assisted Living.
- Establishes and conducts initial assessment process upon admission to the Community; evaluates health status of case load on an ongoing basis
- Provides professional and crisis intervention to the residents in cases of emergencies
- The Wellness-RN encourages individual residents to participate in their own wellness plan and assists in the development of that plan.
- Assures compliance with regulations including policy and procedures, documentation and care practices
- Promotes and protects the rights of each resident, acts as a mandatory reporter for all suspected abuse situations, and complies with all HIPAA standards of practice
- Provides input to the health care team on individual resident status and safety
- The Wellness-RN attends meetings as necessary and performs any other duties as assigned by the Director of Outpatient Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, speak well and be understood in the English language
- Computer literacy
- RCFE certificate preferred
- Bilingual ability preferred
Education and Qualifications
- Licensed RN in the State of California
- Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate
- Three to five years nursing experience in geriatric population
- Advanced degree in health care management and/or nursing desired
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.