The Activities Assistant is responsible for assisting in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing of Activity Programs in accordance with current existing federal, state, and local standards, as well as our established policies and procedures, to ensure the spiritual developments, emotional, recreational, and social needs of the resident/patient in our Memory Care are met/maintained on an individual basis.
- Assists in developing, and maintaining a good working rapport with other departments within the facility, and outside community health, welfare and social agencies, to ensure that activity programs can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the patients/residents
- Keeps abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and makes recommendations on changes in policies and procedure to the director
- Provides individual activities to residents/patients as assigned in accordance with residents/patients of care
- Meets with Activity Director, on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services, and performs any other duties as assigned by the Activity Director
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Should have aptitude for and some training in arts and crafts
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Computer literate
Education and Qualifications
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma, college credits preferred
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.