Lead Resident Services Coordinator - Oakland
The Lead Resident Services Coordinator has dual responsibilities of promoting the welfare of the Company’s residents by providing case management, resource referral and linkage services, as well as leading and supporting a team of Resident Service Coordinators.
- Directly oversee day to day activities of Resident Services Coordinator team
- Maintain documentation of resident case files in a timely manner
- Foster relationships with the residents, families, and local community
- Provide support and mentorship of direct team
- Conduct annual performance reviews and developing goals with team
- Organize and schedule workshops and events based on the Resident Services Coordinator training program
- Includes all responsibilities of a Resident Services Coordinator and other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of 5 Resident Services Coordinators
- Ability to collaborate effectively and problem solve
- Skill in handling needs and concerns of staff
- Remain open to the ideas of others and exhibit willingness to try new things.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology or related field preferred or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- CA Driver License required (DMV pull will be conducted).
- Minimum one year (1) supervisory or leadership experience.
- Related experience working with seniors and familiarity with community resources and human services
- Cantonese speaking preferred.
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.