Environmental Services Supervisor
The Environmental Services Supervisor executes community housekeeping programs and procedures by training, supervising, inspecting and motivating the housekeeping staff to ensure all tasks are completed correctly and schedules are maintained with the direction from the Director of Facility Services.
- The Environmental Services Supervisor performs all housekeeping related tasks demonstrating service orientation to fellow staff members, residents, resident staff, and suppliers.
- Fill in as needed for open housekeeping, housepersons, janitors, laundry positions, and floorpersons
- Works closely with and motivates Housekeeping and Laundry services staff to ensure work is performed properly and schedules are followed
- Inspects common areas and periodic checks of independent apartments for cleanliness and following of safe work practices
- The Environmental Services Supervisor assists the Director of Facility Services with daily assignments of the Environmental Services Staff, as well as recommending assignments for the overall cleanliness of the buildings
- Assists the Director of Facility Services with conducting training sessions
- Monitors and inspects housekeeping equipment daily to ensure it is in good repair and maintained in a clean condition
- Tracks the linen supply inventory and assists in supervision of the laundry staff
- The Environmental Services Supervisor will perform any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Facility Services or the Assistant Administrator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to perform in all aspects of the Housekeeping and Laundry Department
- Demonstrates knowledge of all areas of position in order to train and direct staff
- Demonstrates knowledge to lead personnel
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to speak on the phone, use a copy machine, printer, and other equipment used in the department
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of three years of housekeeping services experience
- A minimum of one year of experience in a supervisory position
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.