The Cook II prepares and maintains cold and hot food for Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, and for Independent Residents in the main dining room, room service, as well as any other catered events, etc. Responsible for helping to orchestrate tray line during meal periods to include, starting tray line on time, plating hot food for residents trays, ensuring proper temperature and quality of the food, and completing tray line on time. Maintain a clean, orderly, and sanitary work station.
- The Cook II is responsible for preparing raw food items for Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, and any Independent Resident function such as the Main Dining Room menu, buffets, catered events, etc.
- Responsible for assisting with trayline, where and when necessary
- Responsible for preparing cold or hot food for the Employee lunch room as directed on the production sheet
- The Cook II is responsible for recording temperatures of food items during preparation time in accordance with State and Federal guidelines, as well as departmental guidelines.
- The Cook II is responsible for the documentation of the temperatures of walk-ins and freezers at the beginning and ending of the shift, as well as the proper rotation of food items in the walk-ins and freezers and dry storage areas and the proper labeling and covering of food items in accordance with state and departmental standards.
- Responsible for proper thawing and cooling procedures of all food products
- Responsible for preparing any necessary food items for the next day's menu
- Responsible for communicating with other food service staff regarding the daily menu and receiving any pertinent dietary changes for Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living
- The Cook II is responsible for setting up and maintaining the pantry area and sandwich station to include cutting/slicing meats, preparing salads and sandwiches, preparing all salad dressings and sauces related to the menu and preparing garnishes for cold plates.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and sanitized work area
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation procedures
- Ability to speak and communicate in English so that the essential functions of the position can be satisfactorily performed
- Ability to read and write and solve basic math problems required by essential functions of this position
- Must be organized, flexible, and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of the safe use of knives, all commercial kitchen equipment, commercial dish machine, cleaning/sanitizing equipment, rolling carts, telephone, and elevators
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must have two years previous experience as a prep cook in upscale restaurants, private clubs, and/or hotels
- Dietary experience is preferred
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.