Activities Coordinator (Temp-to-Hire)
The Activities Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, managing, implementing, directing and evaluating the resident programs, activities, and special events.
NOTE: This position is “Full Time" Temporary with the possibility of converting to Regular, Full-Time status. For this Temporary position, Covia works with our preferred staffing agencies for temporary payrolling services.
- The Activities Coordinator plans, develops, coordinates and manages programs and special events.
- The Activities Coordinator hires instructors and entertainers, negotiates fees, drafts agreements; oversees programs; reviews monthly statements, submits check requests and updates invoice binder.
- Is in charge of developing a good rapport with other departments within the facility, and outside social agencies and organizations to ensure that activity programs can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- The Activities Coordinator acts as a liaison to the various resident committees; helps residents plan specific trips and tours with outside travel agencies; arranges bus transportation to sister community outings, as well as planning and advertising weekly and/or monthly trips.
- Works with the editorial staff of the resident news publication to facilitate production
- The Activities Coordinator is responsible for developing a formal volunteer program.
- Will serve a population of monolingual residents:
55% Chinese Cantonese
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work well with a culturally diverse elderly resident population
- Ability to read, speak well and be understood in the English language
- Attention to detail and good follow through
- Good interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to function independently, have personal integrity, flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with the personnel and support agencies
- Computer skills adequate to input data for calendars and utilize e-mail
Education and Qualifications
- Prefer one year experience in a similar activities-related role for residents or senior living.
- Possesses an Associate of Arts degree
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- To serve the majority of our residents, preference to bilingual candidates: Chinese/Cantonese, Spanish or Russian
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.