Caregiver / Resident Assistant
Provides personal assistance with showering, medication management, and activities in Assisted Living (AL).
NOTE: This position is a part-time, 16 hours per week, position with possible extra on-call hours.
- The Resident Assistant assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing assistance
- Records and reports changes in residents eating habits to supervisor
- Interacts with residents and families/responsible parties and staff; answers questions, gives direction and support
- Acts as a mandatory reporter for all suspected abuse situations and complies with all HIPAA standards of practice
- The Resident Assistant performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, colleagues and supervisors
- Must be able to participate in meetings as necessary
- Ability to read, speak well and be understood in the English language
- Computer literacy
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual ability preferred but not necessary
- Good communication skills and customer service skills very important
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.