Program Director - Home Match - Marin County (San Rafael, CA)
The Home Match Program Director is an integral part of the Community Services Team at Covia. For over 50 years, Covia has been committed to the mission, vision, and values of serving our senior population and this leadership opportunity is where you will touch all areas of the program for Marin County.
Office is located in downtown San Rafael, CA making it convenient to meet with Home Seekers in a neutral setting and the director must feel comfortable conducting site visits with Home Owners and negotiating rental agreements. Fluency in Spanish or Chinese is ideal.
Community outreach and developing marketing strategies to achieve program goals are required in past work experience and essential for success with Covia’s Home Match program.
Office Location: San Rafael, CA
About Home Match: Home Match helps communities meet three important goals: empowering aging community members to stay in their chosen homes; creating affordable places to live; and combating social isolation.
- Responsible for helping set and achieve annual goals and objectives
- Direct (or dotted line) management and cultivation of staff
- Develop and implement an outreach plan to promote the program in the community and to secure the targeted number of appropriate program participants
- Lead the matching and home sharing process for a portfolio of program participants including conducting interviews, home visits, background checks, reference checks, and moderating lease agreements
- Conduct follow up mediation services as needed, to assist clients in maintaining a successful match
- Use creativity to determine effective new, online methods of conducting outreach and engaging with Home Match participants and partners
- Use a set of online tools to track and analyze program data to determine best practices and areas of improvement
- Continually seek opportunities to strengthen and/or expand the program and its impact
- Contribute to the sustainability of the program including donor cultivation, proposal development and reporting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-motivated and personable individual that works well independently, while also being able to work effectively and collaboratively within a team and with community partners
- Proven track record, meeting programmatic goals, building impactful partnerships, and securing funding or achieving a sales quota
- Organized, yet flexible and able to rapidly shift across activities
- Strong active listening skills, empathy and cross-cultural understanding
- Ideally experienced working across a wide-range of digital channels
- Fluency in Spanish or Chinese is ideal
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of Program Management, sales or fundraising experience
- Local candidates that have extensive contacts in Marin County particularly with older adults, elected leaders and the nonprofit community
- Must have own vehicle and provide car insurance
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.