The Server is responsible for serving residents and guests in the main dining room, resident apartments, private dining rooms, and in the personal care dining room. Serves residents in private parties, setting up and serving catered parties, cleaning up the dining room, and any other meal service rooms as needed. Assigns proper charges to residents for guest meals, wine served, or any other miscellaneous charges not included in the monthly fees.
- The Server serves food and beverages to residents and guests in the dining room, in the personal care dining room, resident apartments, private dining rooms, and the Side Walk Cafe.
- Provides professional and courteous service using correct service techniques
- Takes resident and guest food orders and carries food to tables using waiter trays
- Sets up and serves catered parties and coffee breaks as assigned, and breaks down and cleans up after catered parties
- The Server sets up, serves and takes down all breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets.
- Considers placement of foods to create an attractive display that is convenient for residents
- Performs side duties as assigned, such as the preparation of the dining room for service, such as preparing the dining room for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the dining room, the wait stations, the tea room, private rooms after catered events, and related kitchen areas
- The Server assists the Host/Hostess with opening duties as assigned.
- Answers phone calls in the dining room in the absence of the Host/Hostess, and takes messages and forwards to the appropriate person
- Attends and participates in menu meetings and monthly in-service meetings as scheduled
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience or aptitude for working with senior citizens preferred
- Must be customer-oriented and possess good communication skills
- Must be able to speak and communicate in English so that the essential functions of the position can be satisfactorily performed
- Ability to read, write, and solve basic math problems required by the essential functions of this position
- Must be organized, flexible, and work well under pressure
- Knowledge or aptitude for the safe use of rolling carts, serving trays, tray jack stands, pens, order tickets, POS systems, commercial coffee and juice machines, telephones, and elevators
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience in a food service or healthcare facility, restaurant, or hotel
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.