Resident Services Coordinator - San Francisco
Resident Relations and liaison with management for the coordination and linkage of community, supportive and medical services for residents of affordable housing communities. Conducts resident assessments and education for resident, family and staff.
- The Resident Services Coordinator facilitates the entry of new residents to the community by providing orientation to the apartment, community services such as (but not limited to) housekeeping, maintenance, dining, transportation, security, nursing, chaplaincy, programs and events, and Life Care Contract provisions.
- Provides individual listening and advisory services to residents. Assists resident in locating support services for personal concerns such as anxiety, bereavement, and depression. Reviews notes and information collected to identify problems and concerns, to define goals, and makes recommendations to management. Interacts with other staff to discuss available solutions, new resources or techniques, and to share information. Provides support to residents and families when a move to higher level of care is necessary.
- The Resident Services Coordinator promptly reports noticeable environmental or equipment repair needs to the maintenance department. Advises residents and management of safety hazards posed by a cluttered apartment and implements policy to bring condition of the apartment into compliance. Prepares risk reports for management with suggestions to prevent or minimize loss.
- May help resident access outside services including financial management or a psychologist, if needed. Contacts vendors and operating departments on behalf of residents to ensure that services, supplies, and equipment are received by promised date. May inspect products/services for quality and quantity to ensure adherence to specifications and resident satisfaction.
- Contacts responsible parties to plan resident moves to higher levels of care or out of the building within the community time guidelines for apartment turn over.
- Explains policy, procedure and residents rights; addresses resident concerns and performs other forms of resident/administrative liaison. Organizes information obtained from residents into memo form. Examines records such as bills and related documents and correspondence, and converses or corresponds with resident and staff to obtain facts regarding resident complaint. May trace missing deliveries. May investigate overdue service completion. Notifies resident and designated staff of findings, adjustments, and recommendations such as refund of money, credit of resident's account, or adjustment of resident's bill. May follow up on recommended adjustments to ensure resident satisfaction. Recommends improvements in services, policies, or procedures to prevent future complaints of similar nature to management.
- The Resident Services Coordinator assists with new staff orientation in the areas of new resident orientation, resident rights, and resident confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Compassionate, supportive, and emotionally mature professional, able to remain responsive to resident needs while attending to multiple tasks
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with residents, families, vendors, and the interdisciplinary care team
- Ability to understand and uphold policies, procedures and regulations applicable to different levels of care
Education and Qualifications
- BA in Human Services or Business fields
- Two years experience in an equivalent position
- Chinese speaking preferred
- Extensive experience in coaching, counseling and problem solving
- CA Driver License required—driving to various sites is required
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today! Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.