The detailer trainee learns to provide detailed door and hardware schedules and coordinate opening requirements as set forth within the contract documents (plans, specifications, and addenda) and other related information concerning an individual project. Also learns to assure local code compliance of the products used in the schedules.
- Assist in reviewing sales sheets and job requirements as sold by the sales/estimating department for accuracy in estimated quantities and price extensions
- Form a review of the contract documents (purchase order, plans, specifications) accurately detail opening quantities required for a project
- Learn to accurately detail and schedule materials and verify product costs to determine the best product selections
- Enter the costs during the scheduling process and compare to the estimated costs
- Assist in preparing the shop drawings, schedules, and submittals using manufacturer catalog cuts to support the products selected within the schedule
- Prepare required drawings for elevations and corresponding sections as necessary using company issued software
- Verify project as specified meets local code requirements and not any exceptions
- Write detailed notes outlining and highlight any issues or verifications that require instruction by the General Contractor and/or the architect during the submittal process
- Review the schedules and submittals for any errors or options that can affect the project prior to sending the job out for approval
- Upon return of the submittals, update for re-submission if required; or prepare for ordering by the Project Manager unless otherwise directed by location manager
- Other duties as required by location manager
- 2 or 4 year degree in technical, engineering or related area preferred
- Detail oriented; deadline conscience; goal driven
- Ability to handle all types of scopes of projects
- Accurate mathematical skills required
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Special skills required blue print/plan reading; Specification interpretation
- Knowledge of industry related software a plus; Microsoft Office complete
- Willingness to learn door, frame and hardware applications as they relate to UL, fire code, building code, ADA, life safety and other restrictions that relate to the general commercial construction industry
- Must have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.