The Access Control Technician has the technical aptitude, skills and experience to install access control and video systems for our security integration division in commercial, multifamily residential, hotel, educational, government, detention and similar facilities, including new construction and renovations to existing buildings. This individual will work in the field directly installing our products and coordinating the work with our door and hardware divisions, Hardware Consultants. Most projects are located in Southern Maine.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior knowledge of video and access control system components and installation including electronic hardware, low voltage wiring, card readers, CCTV cameras, power supplies, terminations, and head end panel installation and assembly.
- Low voltage electrical license is a plus.
- High school education required. Applicable trade school or associates degree a plus.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be thorough to ensure that all materials needed for a project are assembled, the project is installed complete in the field and any uncompleted items are communicated to the Field Supervisors.
- Flexibility to deal with quickly changing priorities needed.
- Must be safety conscious and comply with company and jobsite safety rules at all times.
- Good communication skills needed to represent the company well with its customers to interface with staff.
- Attention to detail and quality critical skills.
- Ability to diagnose issue with access and video systems, seek assistance when needed and implement a solution.
- Review shop drawings and project plans to understand and complete field installations.
- Assemble and components prior to field installation.
- Coordinate installation work with other staff installers such as door and hardware technicians.
- Review work with customers including general contractors on site and comply with customer requirements.
- Communicate issues with Field Supervisors and Installation Coordinator or Operations Manager as necessary to complete installations on time and as designed.
- Complete work orders, recording time and materials uses accurately.
- Field work will include service calls as well as new system installation.
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Spends more than 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Frequent lifting required of items 25-50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
May be exposed to variable weather conditions. Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to heavy lifting.