Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
The Installer will be responsible for assisting Field Technicians and Lead Technicians with various installations. This is an entry level position that primarily consists of assisting with the installation of component cable, category cable, fiber, wireless access points, cameras, access control devices and other low voltage cabling and devices.
- Assist with the install of various access control devices and electrified door hardware; various cameras; and cable pathway systems to support security and network systems
- Assist with the install, termination, testing, labeling and documentation of horizontal, backbone and other cables
- Assist with the installation of devices (cameras, AP’s, IP devices, access control devices)
- Work in a team environment with project manager, lead technician and other field technicians
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Perform other duties, as required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to read and use a measuring tape, level and other required tools for installation required
- Some installation experience with doors, frames and hardware products
- Successfully pass a back ground check and drug screen
- Due to job site and Federal contractual requirements, COVID-19 vaccination strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to learn and work well within a team environment
- Desire to learn the industry that the company serves
- Willing to work a flexible schedule when required to meet our customer’s needs (nights, weekends, over-night, etc.)
- Comfortable working off a ladder and/or aerial man-lift
- Respect for safety rules and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal skill with the ability to communicate and understand detailed instructions
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Spends approximately 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Frequent lifting required of items 25-50 pounds.
May require driving to project sites. May be exposed to variable weather conditions. Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to frequent heavy lifting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 336-768-8872 x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]