Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
The Lead Technician will be responsible for installation, termination and configuration, without direct supervision, of access control devices, such as: card readers, request to exits, electrified door hardware, access control panels, analog and IP cameras, camera servers (NVR), power supplies, cable pathway systems and various cable that includes but is not limited to: twisted pair cable, low voltage cable and coax. They will be directly responsible for onsite tasking of Field Technicians and Installers to meet the project milestones set by the Project Managers and Field Supervisors. Installations are performed in both new construction and retrofit scenarios in a variety of environments.
- Onsite tasking of resources to meet project milestones established by the Project Manager
- Install various access control devices and electrified door hardware
- Install and connect access control panels, power supplies and control equipment
- Install and program various CCTV; analog and IP cameras
- Install and program various types of NVR’s and VMS platforms
- Install cable and pathway systems to support security systems
- Work in a team environment under project manager, leading a group of field technicians
- Maintain installation deadlines
- Be accountable for the daily time entries of all crew members
- Maintain a high level of quality control
- Ensure safety on the job site
- Perform end-user training
- Participate in project commissioning and testing
- Assist in the enforcement of standards related to final documentation
- Attend trades meetings at construction sites as needed
- Hold and retain certification in at least two VMS systems
- Hold and retain certification in at least two access control system
- Have a minimum one year of experience of basic configuration of physical security systems
- Have attended training for at least one camera manufacturer and received certificate
- Hold and retain the OSHA-10 certificate
- Have served as a Field Technician (or equal) for a minimum of two years
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Due to job site and Federal contractual requirements, COVID-19 vaccination strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively lead and plan work days an installation crew of two to four workers
- Demonstrated proficiency in low voltage principles (ohm’s law, load calculations, metering, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate with customer IT and Facilities staff
- Ability to effectively coordinate with other trades
- Demonstrated proficiency in the installation, termination and configuration of IP camera technology, controller hardware, power supplies, door hardware and credential technologies
- Competency in the principles and concepts of physical security systems and demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge in the field
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Spends approximately 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Frequent lifting required of items 25-50 pounds.
May be exposed to variable weather conditions. Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to frequent heavy lifting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 336-768-8872 x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]