Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
This position is responsible for welding specific hollow metal frame material with the use of MIG welders. Accuracy and fabrication are very important as most of the work involves modifications including such items as preparing for locksets, hinges, glass kits, access control devices and other such products.
- MIG welding of hollow metal frame material and commercial hardware
- Assembly of hollow metal frame material and commercial hardware
- Frequent work saw cutting, grinding and sanding related materials
- Experience using welders (MIG preferred)
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of welding principles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of woodworking tools for use on wood doors desired
- Basic construction knowledge with specific experience related to hollow metal and commercial hardware applications strongly preferred Detail oriented
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills required
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and meet deadlines
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Spends approximately 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Frequent lifting required of items 25-50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Conditions will include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to frequent heavy lifting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please apply by submitting your resume via this job posting.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.