The Installer will be responsible for assisting Field Technicians and Lead Technicians with various installations. This is an entry level position that primarily consists of assisting with the installation of component cable, category cable, fiber, wireless access points, cameras, access control devices and other low voltage cabling and devices.
- Assist with the install of various access control devices and electrified door hardware; various cameras; and cable pathway systems to support security and network systems
- Assist with the install, termination, testing, labeling and documentation of horizontal, backbone and other cables
- Assist with the installation of devices (cameras, AP’s, IP devices, access control devices)
- Work in a team environment with project manager, lead technician and other field technicians
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Perform other duties, as required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to read and use a measuring tape, level and other required tools for installation required
- Some installation experience with doors, frames and hardware products
- Successfully pass a back ground check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to learn and work well within a team environment
- Desire to learn the industry that the company serves
- Willing to work a flexible schedule when required to meet our customer’s needs (nights, weekends, over-night, etc.)
- Comfortable working off a ladder and/or aerial man-lift
- Respect for safety rules and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal skill with the ability to communicate and understand detailed instructions
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Spends approximately 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Frequent lifting required of items 25-50 pounds.
May require driving to project sites. May be exposed to variable weather conditions. Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to frequent heavy lifting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.