Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
This position will be responsible for estimating and detailing for Division 10 specialties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 or 4 year degree in related area preferred or 5 years of job related experience
- Excellent math skills and data input skills
- Knowledge of industry related software; Microsoft Office complete; Excel, Comsense, CADD, Blue Beam and BIM 360
- Organized; detail oriented; deadline conscious; goal driven
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Special skills required blue print/plan reading; specification interpretation
- Ability to work closely & cordially with other staff associates and vendors in a fast paced environment
- Able to manage time efficiently and work independently
- Able to process information analytically
- Must be detail oriented, deadline conscience and goal driven
- Must have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills.
- Review scope of work and provide accurate estimates for bid. Update detailed costs as necessary.
- Interprets construction specifications; where necessary and discusses with customer or architect.
- Form a review of the contract documents (purchase order, plans, specifications) accurately detail quantities required for a project
- Accurately detail and schedule materials and verify product costs to determine the best product selections. Enter the costs during the scheduling process and compare to the estimated costs.
- Reviews actual vs. estimated materials on completion of each project
- Enters applicable information in to Comsense and prices jobs based on computer cost files
- Prepare the shop drawings, schedules, and submittals using manufacturer catalog cuts to support the products selected within the schedule. Compile and update as required shop drawings provided by manufacturers as required
- Verify project as specified meets local code requirements and note any exceptions
- Write detailed notes outlining and highlight any issues or verifications that require instruction by the General Contractor and/or the architect during the submittal process
- Review the schedules and submittals for any errors or options that can affect the project prior to sending the job out for approval
- Upon return of the submittals, update for re-submission if required; or prepare for ordering.
- Review project material disposition requests for complete and accurate schedules and shop drawings. Compare material quotes against schedules and shop drawings
- Interfaces with the receiving dept. when there are questions or issues concerning Division 10 product
- Other duties as required by Supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 336-768-8872 x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]