Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
The project manager stays abreast of customer needs on each active project: participates in problem resolution for jobs by skillfully gathering and analyzing information, developing alternate approaches and working well with small groups.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in door and hardware industry required
- Proficient in Microsoft Products, including but not limited to Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Functional and working knowledge of computers
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Due to job site and Federal contractual requirements, COVID-19 vaccination strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Division 8 and/or Division 10 products
- Ability to read and understand construction contracts and blueprints
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and in writing, good mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Winning attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Comsense experience preferred
- Professional and polished in both appearance and speech
- Receives telephone calls, emails and other correspondence from customers and responds within 24 hours.
- Corresponds and follows up with customers by sending final door, hardware or other schedules for approval. Assures a prompt return and communicates changes and progress of schedule.
- Contacts customer before each jobsite delivery to assure proper scheduling of delivery and assures all logistics regarding delivery commitments are fulfilled.
- Coordinates job site meetings to assure we are meeting the customer’s schedule and requirements. Attends meetings and takes notes.
- Proactively anticipates customer needs and actively and periodically solicits feedback on Cook and Boardman performance.
- Participates in developing solutions for customers with technical issues involving hardware and door products.
- Monitors production schedules
- Keeps project files orderly and efficiently.
- Manages any project changes, revisions, revised purchase orders and changes order documents and Comsense files to show revisions.
- Attends weekly sales meetings to provide information or input for any customer services issues
- All other duties as assigned
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May occasionally require driving to project sites.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 336-768-8872 x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]